It’s a sign your life must be going okay enough when you find yourself worrying about fictional characters. That, or you really need to get out and see other adults and talk about things that aren’t fictional animals and toilet related. Lately, we’ve seen a lot of Peppa Pig (I know, bad Mammy, but he’s been sick and whiny and the pink little brat keeps him quiet and makes him smile. Instead of whinge. So bite me.) and other such creatures. We’re slowly recovering from the great Netflix purge of Bob the Builder and Fireman Sam in one-fell-swoop (will nobody think of the parents??) and are finding our way into other shows, some marginally more educational, some a lot more eye-scratch-out-worthy. These shows have made me question some things though… has anybody else had these thoughts?
1. Why is poor George the only person in the entire village whose first name we know that doesn’t get alliteration? They had a lot of P’s to choose from.. and they gave Pedro to the Pony!
2. Why are they the only pigs in the village? Was this a mad Noah’s Ark type experiment? What happens when Peppa grows up and wants to meet a nice boy or girl pig to jump in muddy puddles with? Will they need to be imported?
3. If Daddy Pig is as silly as they all say he is, then why is it that Mammy Pig asks him to fix things like computers – before even trying to turn it off and turn it back on again?
4. When is SuperNanny dropping in to sort out Peppa?
5. Why has Daddy Pig not pulled Mummy Pig up on the clear bullying tactics about his weight?
6. What kind of drugged up state do the writers of Yo Gabba Gabba (and the costume designers) work in?
7. How desperate are the Yo Gabba Gabba guest star actors for work? You’re not in Mordor anymore, Elijah Wood…
8. How has nobody told Mickey Mouse to tone down the shouting for Toodles? Please?
9. How have the kids in Rugrats not been taken into care yet (both movies!)
10. Where the hell are Dora’s Parents? Why doesn’t she know her way home?
11. Why does Dora never accept the first answer? I’ve shouted it at you already; my answer isn’t changing!
Is it just me? Let me know in the comments what you’ve found most baffling – or if you have any of the answers to the above!
BadMammy is on Facebook, come over and say hi!