I’ve seen on a few blogs that I follow the 73 questions, intially started by Vogue magazine and lots more famous people, being adopted by bloggers as a bit more of a getting-to-know-you thing. So, in the essence of fake-it-til-you-make-it, for the sake of this post I will assume my inner celebrity and hopefully you’ll learn something fabulous and interesting from all of this. If not, at least its 73 pieces of trivia to fill the parts of your brain old theme tunes used to fill.
1. What’s your favourite movie?
It has to be 500 Days of Summer. I just fell in love with the fact that it’s not an idealised love story; it’s real, it shows the crap side, the side where one person clearly wants it more than the other, and my love for Zooey Deschanel, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and “You Make My Dreams Come True” shines through.
2. Favourite movie in the past five years?
Love and Other Drugs. Anne Hathaway, amazing as ever (I have a total girl crush on her and have done since my teenage years, to the total amusement of my ex boyfriend), its wonderful, emotional, I watched in the cinema and bawled my eyes out. It’s not all sad though, there are some serious comedy moments, but its gorgeous.
3. Favourite Hitchcock film?
They’re all in my to-watch pile. Sorry.
4. A book you plan on reading?
The Girl On The Train, I’m waiting for it to get back into the library again.
5. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you?
I read it while in school but not for school – Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin – it shaped ways I think about things differently and gave me an entirely new soundtrack to listen to.
6. Favourite TV show that’s currently on?
How To Get Away with Murder, or Greys Anatomy. Shonda can do no wrong (please stop killing the people I love).
7. On a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now?
Roughly about a six because I’m trying to think positively, there may be some stuff coming up that is pulling me through the shite days.
8. iPhone or Android?
iPhone. From someone who never got the hype before getting one two years ago, I couldn’t go back now, I’m far too used to it!
9. Twitter or Instagram?
Twitter for chatting to people. Instagram for lusting over other people’s food and nails.
10. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
There are so many of the Irish Parenting Bloggers that definitely are worth a look – my favourites are The Airing Cupboard, At The Clothesline and Bumbles of Rice. Youtube wise, I’m currently obsessed with The Life of Bribry and WhatsUpMoms.
11. What’s your favourite food?
Sweet and Sour Chicken. It’s an affliction that it’s not something like kale. But hey, better than cake, right? Ooh, cake…
12. Least favourite food?
Liver. The smell. Ugh.
13. What do you love on your pizza?
BBQ chicken, bacon and pineapple. Divine. Oh hello weight gain.
14. Favourite drink?
Working on kicking a diet coke habit, so I’ll have to say a latte.
15. Favourite dessert?
Coffee cake. Yum.
16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Dark chocolate. The cheap cheap stuff from Tesco is actually divine.
17. Coffee or tea?
Coffee. Fuel for my life.
18. What’s the hardest part about being a mum?
Getting five minutes all for yourself, completely guilt free. It is definitely harder than you think.
19. What’s your favourite band?
Sticking with classics, the Beatles are a pretty good set of lads.
20. Favourite solo artist?
Robbie Williams, Adele.
21. Favourite song?
I will, The Beatles. So pretty.
22. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
Robbie Williams. Adele would only make me sound shite.
23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
The violin; as long as I got to skip the horrible squeaky stage.
24. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
Probably my ankle.
25. To be or not to be?
To be. Sure, why not?
26. Dogs or cats?
Dogs. I live in hope of getting a Pomeranian Husky one day.
27. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
If I had to choose, whale watching sounds cool, though neither would be high on my list.
28. Best gift you’ve ever received?
Probably still the box set (with proper timber book shelf) of Famous Five books I got as a child. So many days, months and years of joy and Enid Blyton.
29. Best gift you’ve ever given?
Probably my boyfriend’s iPad mini for his birthday, going on his reaction, though I’m pretty proud of my little hampers that I made up for my best friends last Christmas, which you can check out here.
30. Last gift you gave a friend?
Himself his birthday gift this year 🙂
31. What’s your favourite board game?
Monopoly. Though the original Game of Life and Scrabble are close too.
32. What’s your favourite country to visit?
I really liked Turkey when we went a few years back; but I want to explore some more of the world.
33. What’s the last country you visited?
The UK, London to be more specific on a rather wonderful day trip.
34. What country do you wish to visit?
Bora Bora, the island off French Polynesia. So beautiful. I’d also love to see South Africa.
35. What’s your favourite colour?
36. Least favourite colour?
Lime Green. Just why?
37. Diamonds or pearls?
38. Heels or flats?
39. Pilates or yoga?
40. Jogging or swimming?
41. Best way to de-stress?
Coffee or wine, a good tv show, friends to chat with.
42. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
Invisibility, imagine all the things you could see…
43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
Moist – it’s so divisive, some people are repulsed by it and others don’t get why they are so!
44. What’s your favourite flower?
I quite like red tulips and roses.
45. When was the last time you cried?
The other day. Sometimes life is a bitch and you just need to let it all out.
46. Do you like your handwriting?
Yeah, it’s legible!
47. Do you bake?
Sometimes. I do when I’m stressed.
48. What is your least favourite thing about yourself?
The fact that I overthink and obsess too much.
49. What is your most favourite thing about yourself?
The fact that regardless of what life has thrown at me, I’ve copped on and kept going. Yay me.
50. Who do you miss most?
Currently Aoife – it’s been far too long since we’ve been able to have coffee since she’s off on the other side of the planet!
51. What are you listening to right now?
The sound of typing and computers humming.
52. Favourite smell?
Coffee, croissants, vanilla.
53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
My Mam, organising her next visit down to see us.
54. Who was the last person you sent a text to?
The lovely Suzy of The Airing Cupboard.
55. A sport you wish you could play?
Tennis. I’m useless at it. That or Rhythmic Gymnastics.
56. Hair colour?
Changeable. Currently blonde.
57. Eye colour?
58. Scary film or happy endings?
A happy ending.
59. Favourite season?
Autumn – my birthday, sunny but cool weather, cardigans.
60. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with?
Ellen Degeneres, Shonda Rhimes and Heath Ledger.
61. Hugs or kisses?
62. Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
63. Where were you born?
Ireland, in Airmount Maternity Hospital, Waterford. Said hospital no longer exists.
64. What is the farthest you have been from home?
65. Sweet or savoury?
Sweet. To my detriment, the chocolate calls me.
66. Lipstick or lip gloss?
Lipstick with gloss over it.
67. What book have you read again and again?
Ballet Shoes (Noel Streatfield), Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac (Gabrielle Zevin), all of Marian Keyes books and all of Claire Hennessy’s books.
68. Favourite bedtime story?
Guess How Much I Love You. It is just so lovely.
69. What would be the title of your autobiography?
A tale of a Five Foot Nothing.
70. Favourite sound?
The Nespresso machine. Loud as it is, it means coffee will be mine..
71. Favourite animal?
72. Who is your girl crush?
73. Last photograph you took?
Pictures of my son at the park the other day.